WELCOME to Eco Lodges Anywhere!
We aim to have
the largest collection of the most sustainable eco lodges around the world
that are the pioneers of eco-tourism and green travel.
What are Eco Lodges?
Eco lodges are accommodations in undisturbed, remote natural areas where both construction and operation have the lowest impact possible on the environment. They are not only part of the local community but they are active participants in protecting naturally and culturally sensitive areas. If you are fed up with mass tourism destinations and want to experience something unique, authentic and exciting, you should look for vacationing in eco-lodges.
Featured Eco Lodges
10 Pillars of a Sustainable Eco Lodge
- Situated in the heart of nature, usually in quite a remote, secluded location.
- Low impact construction with the preservation or complete restoration of local flora and fauna.
- Highest level of energy efficiency
- Responsible water management (including heating, water flow restrictions, recovering and reusing waste water etc.)
- Recycling (all type of waste is collected and disposed properly)
- Avoid single use plastic (100% non-disposable kitchenware, no plastic packaged toiletries, biodegradable materials)
- Chemical-free operation (in areas like cleaning, washing, gardening)
- Locally sourced or grown organic food (with vegan/vegetarian options)
- Actively participates or facilities local nature conservation
- Actively supporting and promoting local culture (including employing locals)
Join the ELA Community
We, at Eco Lodges Anywhere, love to discover new destinations, eco-friendly tips, green travel ideas, and the eco-tourism practises. If you would like to get the latest news, subscribe to our weekly newsletter!